- Tembisa Street Mile volunteers take pride in their role within our race and we are deeply indebted to them for their commitment and support. Our event requires hundred and fifty dedicated volunteers to help ensure runners and spectators get the support they need throughout the day. There are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to choose from every facet of the race: Registration Officials, Water Station Officials, Route Marshals etc.
- As the race approaches we will provide our volunteers with more information about their race day roles.
- Our volunteers must arrive on time.
- Our volunteers must be prepared to stand for the duration of the race.
- Our volunteers must plan to assist for the duration of the race. If you plan to leave early, you may compromise the safety of the runners and spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of emergency, please check out with your club captain.
- All our race volunteers will receive a T-Shirt that must be worn for the duration of the race. We will do our best to accommodate size request.
- Route marshals will be provided with reflective vest and flags. These must be returned after completion of marshalling duties.
- Pets not permitted.
- Children of 10-15 years of age will only be allowed to work at water stations under the supervision of an adult.
For volunteering opportunities, please contact Donald Mathipa at firstname.lastname@example.org